Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wha happen?

I'm on the tube right now. I think I might have hit the last train. Or second to last.

I met up with Mans and his American friends at around 5:00pm. Yes, another group of Americans. We met at Occo- the restaurant that Mans bartends at- for cocktails and appetizers. Delicious, fried, Moroccan food with confusingly assembled cocktails.

The Americans study at an exchange-only university in north London. There's about 10 in total... Most of them are from the Midwest and the South. They're a nice group, even if I can't seem to remember their names.

We took a bus to The Castle, A traditional english pub that Mans frequents. The bartender, Mike, refused payment (apprently this is common between bartenders) and we
ended up having a rather inexpensive night out.

We made friends with (yet) another American from Florida. He explained that he was in London with his dad for his 20th birthday. The weird part was that his dad was there. Sitting with him. And all of us. For like 3 hours.

It's not extremely late, but I decided to head home since I'm leaving early for Southampton tomorrow morning. Also, I could use my NHS- supplied inhaler. Yes, I am a nerd who needs an inhaler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! What's wrong with hanging out with a dad? Are we that lame? I don't think the blog is bland. It's fantastic! When are you going to be well though? I've never heard of you going home early voluntarily. I would like to see more pictues of the apartment though. Were those hospital shots where you went to get the inhaler? All of the sightseeing pics were great.If they change the guard every 24 hours, what do those poor guys do all day?

Anonymous said...

Hey! What's wrong with hanging out with a dad? Are we that lame? I don't think the blog is bland. It's fantastic! When are you going to be well though? I've never heard of you going home early voluntarily. I would like to see more pictues of the apartment though. Were those hospital shots where you went to get the inhaler? All of the sightseeing pics were great.If they change the guard every 24 hours, what do those poor guys do all day?