Saturday, October 13, 2007

Transpirings

I've seen some odd things since I've been here, but nothing as weird as what I saw on the tube last night.  I won't be able to do it justice, but I'll give my best effort.

I was taking the District line at an ungodly hour to meet up with Mans after his shift was over.  The trains were mostly empty at this point in the night; there were about five of us total in the car, two nightclub-destined women, a man reading the newspaper, a nicely dressed young englishman, and myself.   Everyone was keeping to himself, mostly, until about halfway through the trip when I all of a sudden hear,

"SPARTANS!!!!!!!!!"

I look over, and it's the nicely dressed young man standing up, his 3/4 coat falling back on his shoulders.

"TONIGHT.  WE DINE.  IN HELL!"

At this point, he started sprinting up and down the car, simulating sword strikes and the apparent slaughter of his persian adversaries.  Nobody dared make eye contact with the guy (really, who would want to risk the wrath of a spartan warrior), much less make any comments about his behavior.  The rest of the passengers acted as if what he was doing was not really outside of established social boundaries.

"NEVER RETREAT.  NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!"

He then did a number of pull-ups on the bars until he got too tired.  The train stopped, and he ran off the car, up the stairs, out of sight.

I dunno.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schizophrenic? Stay away from those folk.