Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sweet Home Alabama

So happy to be in a room that I can just leave my stuff in for a couple weeks.

I'm using today as my first "do absolutely nothing day" in two weeks. I still haven't completely recovered from my rough living in Ireland. The night in the hotel helped, as did last night on Mans' floor, but I'm not quite there yet.

Speaking of Mans, it's great to see him again. I forgot that it's been four months since we graduated*. He's working odd hours at a Moroccan restaurant, which should turn out nicely because I always feel bad if people spend too much time trying to entertain me.

Oh- and Mans' roommates are awesome. So far, there are three French guys who like reggae, a French girl that doesn't speak much English, and two other guys (Danes?) that I haven't met yet. We spent a long time talking to Ben about world affairs, France, and the U.S. (he lived in San Diego for a few years as a kid). I'm actually kind of worried that I'm going to have to speak French around them full time.

I think I got off to a good start with them because after I mentioned that I wanted to work in IT, Ben asked if I could fix his email (he could receive messages but couldn't send). It took me a while, but I managed to make it work after struggling with his French version of windows and AZERTY keyboard. But anyway, yeah. Everywhere I go.

At least I'm good for something?

I'm going to be proofing some of my old blog entries, and I might retroactively add a few things that I meant to write about but didn't have time to. I'm not much for trying to rewrite history, but it'll make it easier to follow if I make it chronological.

*yes, I know

3 comments:

Gregg Ose said...

Alex, ask your new friends about France's push to become the financial center for Europe. There has been talk of this lately in the finacial press. There is a new finance minister and she is hoping to mend some fences and promote Paris as the new London in the world markets. They are even attempting to be nicer to the U.S. What a concept.

Your blog is the first thing I turn to each day. Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to all of us. And I hope you have the opportunity to go drinking with some more 15 year olds.

Anonymous said...

What's this about the 15 y.o.? How long are you at Mans's. Sounds like it's either very large or very crowded! Il faut que tu as un lit toi-meme. A bientot cheri, Maman

Anonymous said...

j'aime les hot-dogs et le football americain!!!! vous etes un chien.