Thursday, October 18, 2007

Southampton

Hello everyone. I took the National Express to visit Mike today. I got into Southampton a little early, so I did a little exploring.

I'm glad I did, because its an interesting place. It's sort of a university town, with a lot of funky shopping (like the udistrict) punctuated by Medival and Roman ruins. It's not really situated on the coast, but in a little protected sound at the mouth of a river.

Much of the city was destroyed during world war two. So aside from the ruins, it's very modern by European standards. Even the city center looks like it might be out of the West coast US.

I have more exploring to do now. I'll write more when im all finished.

1 comment:

Gregg Ose said...

Alex, I Googled Southampton out of curiosity and noticed they were conducting "Gay Tango Classes." How long did you say you were going to be in town?